- Available Thursday thru Sunday when the restaurant is open.
- This package is not available with any other package nor on holiday weekends.
- It would be appreciated if you would please mention it when booking your reservation.
Guided Hikes on the Hudson River School Art Trail
The Thomas Cole Historic Site is pleased to present a series of guided hikes on the Hudson River School Art Trail, which brings you into the magnificent landscapes that inspired Thomas Cole and other super stars of 19th century landscape painting.
The package price per person is $16 in addition to your hotel bill BUT if you book your hotel room for 2 nights or more, the inn will deduct the price of the tour off your hotel bill. These hikes must be reserved in advance. For more information, please call us direct at 518-622-3261.
Dates of Hike Schedule:
- August 15 – Kaaterskill Falls and Catskill Mt. House (moderate hike)
- August 22 – Sunset Rock and Catskill Mt. House (moderate hike)
- September 12 – Catskill Mt. House and North-South Lake (easy hike)
- September 26 – Sunset Rock and Catskill Mt. House (moderate hike)
- October 3 – Catskill Mt. House and North-South Lake (easy hike)
Each Hudson River School Art Trail Hike includes the following:
- Each tour begins at The Thomas Cole House at 9 am. (approximately 15 minutes from the inn)
- A copy of the Hudson River School Art Trail Guidebook, a 48-page book with full-color illustrations ($7.95 value)
- A guided tour of the Thomas Cole Historic Site at the end of your hike ($12 value)
- The guided hike/walk along the Hudson River School Art Trail
- Admission into New York State Park North/South Lake ($10 value)
- Before the hike – have a delicious early morning breakfast at the Inn.
- After the hike – come back and relax, perhaps make a dinner reservation and then retire to your comfortable room.