Welcome to the Bavarian Manor Inn and Restaurant in Purling, New York
The Northern Catskill Mountains are full of adventure and The Bavarian Manor Country Inn is located so close to it all! Open all year ….
- All year long the Catskill Mountains entice visitors with it’s breathtaking scenery while hiking, skiing, shopping, exploring and relaxing. Artists such as Thomas Cole, Asher B. Durand and Frederic Church were captivated with it’s spiritual-like beauty creating the Hudson River School of Art from these very mountains. This is the “Land of Rip Van Winkle”.
- To find out exactly where we are located, please go the webpage “About Us” and click on the directions link.
Come and enjoy the relaxed friendly hospitality that is Bavarian Manor Country Inn. The people, the accommodations, the food make everyone’s getaway just what the doctor ordered. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. Each tastefully decorated with antiques and complemented with modern amenities. The restaurant is sought out for it’s award-winning cuisine in an old world atmosphere. Of course, being built circa Civil War, some of the walls are crooked, some of the floors are slanted and sometimes the building creaks. So just how does that explain why the Bavarian Manor Country Inn is so popular? The answer to that is simple.…
The Bavarian Manor Country Inn has a great sense of place.
Washington Irving called the Catskill Mountains a “spell-bound region”. When you arrive you feel it. This historic Victorian Country Hotel has been a Catskill Mountain landmark since 1865. Starting out as a mineral water health spa, then becoming “The Columbian” and then in the early 1930′s, The Bavarian Manor Country Inn. It’s mission, as stated over 145 years ago, has been to offer guests a calm oasis from a stressful world in a friendly and gracious manner. It was once written (in the 1940′s) that the Inn attracts a happy and carefree group. That is true today as well. Come and sit on our lovely porch in all seasons! Enjoy the fresh air, open sky, peace and rest. We like to see our guests come back time and time again and look foward to meeting new guests.
There is a sign someone gave us. It says “Stress Free Zone”. Can you relate?
In recent years, the hotel has twice been honored to be one of 3 top choices of Bed & Breakfast of Distinction by the New York State Hospitality and Tourism Association. The restaurant is well known for it’s delicious cuisine, winning numerous recognition and awards. Most recently…
- May 2013 – Best Hudson Valley Inn ! One of the Top 3 – As voted by the readers of Capital Region Living Magazine - Thank you!
- 2012- Best Schnitzel in the Hudson Valley ! As voted by the readers of Hudson Valley Magazine – Thank you !
- 2012 – Registered Historic Site Award by the Greene County Historical Register of New York
- New York Daily News – “This secluded rambling country inn is worth seeking out for it’s old world charm and robust German cooking. While the menu is part German they feature an interesting variety of specials every week….When you drive in the curved driveway, you instantly get a friendly feeling of a comfortable easy-going relaxed sense of peace. No pretense here. The big front veranda is set up with lots of wicker chairs and flowers, a slight breeze is always blowing and it’s the place to letting out all pent up stress”
This is not your ordinary franchise run-of-the-mill hotel. Everything matters here …especially you. Each staff member cares about your comfort. There are 18 bedrooms, a cocktail lounge and a full service restaurant on it’s 100 acres. Each room features it’s own private bath, cable tv, free wi-fi, a/c, in-room coffee, alarm clocks (if you really have to), and most have mini-fridges, some have jacuzzi bathtubs and fireplaces. We’re even pet friendly! The hearty full menu made-to-order country breakfast that’s served at your private table is the perfect way to start each day.
You will note a distinct European atmosphere along with it’s Catskill Mountain essence. Stan and Suzanne are 3rd generation family innkeepers keeping tradition alive. Suzanne’s grandparents and parents are from Bavaria, Germany and the Inn has been in her family over 75 years. Stan was born in Poland. They met while Stan was working here during a summer hiatus from cooking on ships! The restaurant they started is a C.I.A. and California Culinary approved extern teaching kitchen.
Through the years, the Inn has been nicely reviewed by Fodor’s, New York’s Daily News, Travel Holiday Magazine, Kaatskill Life Magazine, Hudson Valley Magazine, Capital Region Living and numerous newspapers for it’s great style, great food and great value.